Reconstructed Cherokee Council house, originally built in 1822. It served as the capitol building and government headquarters of the Cherokee Nation. The Cherokee Council consisted of a legislature composed of two groups; the National Council, a body of 32 members, and the 13 member National Committee. The Council met on one floor, and the Committee met on the other. Both houses had to approve legislation to become law.
Copyright John Slemp/Mira.com Size:
4512x3000 / 6.1MB